An electronic question.

And it is now, and was then a crap audio amplifier.

You need to bias its output stage away from class B...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Golly. Yes. I remember those. Marconi Radar ......

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Transistors were sort of invented in 1948 from memory. But I don't remember seeing them much before the 1960s, when 'transistor radios' suddenly appeared.

So they existed in the 1950s, but were rare and expensive

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1
Reply to