Alternatives to ThermFLOW from McDonald

I've recently been having some issues with a ThermFLOW 210 hot water cylind er. The cylinder has developed a leak and my plumber has had to strip the insulation (metal case and lagging) to identify and solder the pinhole. He has advised that when this starts happening the quality of the tank is quit e degraded and may happen again.

Unfortunately, due to an unrelated issue, we had to drain the tank approx

2 weeks after the soldering (which were leak free), and on refilling anothe r leak has appeared, not coming from the original area. The plumbers recomm endation is to replace the tank.

The cost of an equivalent ThermFLOW 210L unit is c £1200 plus vat and fit ting, which I find a bit pricy. Can anyone suggest any alternatives, or sh ould I bite the bullet and replace?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
gary.lundie1

That seems fairly pricey[1]... I take it you are actually using it as a thermal store and not just a normal cylinder? Perhaps looking for an alternative model with a stainless inner tank would be worthwhile?

[1] Compared to say a similar size unvented cylinder - but then again its cheap compared to say a xcel Pandora.
Reply to
John Rumm