Alternative way to drain CH/pipework/...

Instead of trying to get a tray or jug under what is often inconveniently awkward pipework, simply place a wet/dry vacuum cleaner nozzle next to the leak. (do I really have to say that you turn it on ? :) )

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I use a dustpan to catch the water when I remove a rad.

When I was doing a mod to the plumbing in my cloakroom I put a couple of pipes through the wall so that I could drain the cold pipes and also the CH system on the outside of the house where there is a gulley. Instead of the usual drain valve I've used a washing machine connector on the cold pipe and this very conveniently has the right thread for a garden hose connector.

Reply to
Richard Porter

Works for me.

R ;-)

Reply to
Richard Savage

When a plumber came to do a friends house he drained the system using a pump to suck the water out. Put one end on CH drain valve and other down drain, turned pump on. Said he did this to ensure there was no water before removing radiators and messing up people floors and walls.

Reply to
Ian Middleton