Aldi HSS stepped cone drills sets

I have just used them (the middle size) on some 3mm mild steel plate and to my amazement it worked surprisingly well. I was expecting it to dull before I had the first hole done, but it was good as new when i had got all four done, starting with a 4mm pilot hole. I only expected them to be useful for alloy and wood.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've got a set of the Lidl equivalent, and they seem to be as good as the Lidl HSS drills. Ie, pretty good. But then I bought a set of imperial size at a Sunday market for the same sort of price and they're ok too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)