Aldi Drill Bit Set

They did need sharpening after maybe 100*30mm deep holes in relatively soft pine. However, they are a doddle to sharpen with a cut-off-wheel in a dremel.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Neither the online OED nor Merriam-Webster know of this animal ...

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

But don't bother, get proper tools instead :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

So, how much should I pay, out of a very limited income, for a set of faustner(sp?) bits, that I'm not going to use very much? The dremel I have anyway, and for 10p (the cost of a disk) and 2 mins, the bit is restored back to original condition.

Or do you mean the dremel is not a proper tool?

I'd have to disagree there too, for any number of tasks it excells, be it drilling pilot holes, where the high speed and light weight mean that it's much quicker than a normal drill, not to mention lighter.

Especially in confined spaces, or where access is awkward.

And that's without mentioning the ease with which it tackles tasks like trimming the last half mm off a job completed with another tool.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Forstner

Indeed, I was only replying to "Dremel?", and should have snipped the rest.

I'm sure that it's excellent for some fiddly little jobs - I just get a bit tired of people (no reference to yourself intended) who seem to use Dremels for everything and claim they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Reply to
Rob Morley