Air Ram etc.

I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way of making the place look tidy quickly.

Has anyone any experience of one?

Reply to
R D S

R D S wrote in news:o3uskp$b62$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Battery life and replacement cost........?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I have a first-generation Air-Ram K9, and the handheld one too. The upright is great, collects an amazing amount of cat hair the Numatic George doesn't, and it is light to carry. Doesn't reach edges completely though. Battery life seems OK, charge time reasonable. The handheld less impressive but OK. The handheld had a battery fail in warranty- replaced with no difficulty.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

We were put off the Air Ram by a member of staff at John Lewis who said they had stopped stocking it because of the high level of returns.

We bought the Dyson instead.

Generally very pleased with it, but it does have quite a short run time so not good for doing the whole house in one go.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

My concern about battery life is not the period between charges, but the number of months before performance starts to drop and you then need a new battery - or you put up with declining performance.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I don't have one, but there are a couple of handheld Dysons in the family (2 and 4 years old I think), and neither have any obvious reduction in battery power yet.

My one comment from using them is they are very effective at picking up dust, which also means they fill up very quickly and you need to empty them often. For this reason, I prefer the larger Dysons, such as the DC07, which has a nice large dust cannister, but these are too heavy for some people. The smaller hand-helds are probably not suitable if you go for occational complete spring-cleans, rather than a daily whip around for just dusty spots, crumbs after dinner, etc.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel