Air admittance valve or exterior vent?

Air admit valve or exterior vent? Posted: Apr 26, 2007 12:17 PM Reply

Hi, the regs say I can fit an air admittance valve on the end of my soil stack vent. The soil pipe has an horizontal run inside the roof space of a ground floor extension. This would save be making a hole in the extension pitched roof for an exterior vent. This relieves negative pressure but not positive, so are there any big disadvantages to doing this? Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

Provided it meets the regs - by being not more than the specified maximum distance from the nearest fully vented stack - there's no problem. I've had one in the roof-space of my extension for 12 years or so, and it's fine.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Alternatively, run the soil vent horizontally through a gable. Put a slight reverse U bend in it to prevent condensate building up inside.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher