Air Admittance Valve - Floplast, height - definitive answer

A while back I posted with a query on the interpretation of Floplast's AAV installation, minimum height.

This was explicit for their external diagram, but ambiguous for the internal ("200mm above highest joint" - but which highest joint?)

I was reading that again and noticed the phone number, so took a punt on getting someone in tech support.

As it happened (and much to my surprise) I got put straight though to a bloke who explained that essentially, the external diagram applies universally. When they said "highest joint", they meant "highest joint on the main (110) stack. Side branches don't count in this scenario.

So, here we have the result (and my original install in the other bathroom is also on spec).

This is a bit higher than it technically needs to go, but as I'd allowed that much rebate into the tiles I went with it.

That will get some tiled boxing around it later (with enough air gaps to allow the AAV to work). Yay - can look to fitting the bog next (which is easy as the joint is lined up already and there's water ready nearby for the cistern).

But next week, plumbers are coming to make a bunch of mods (air bleeders on high pipes), boiler service, and add the UFH mixer pumps plus a secondary expansion vessel (I don't have time to be breaking heating, I'm happy to stick with the control circuits on this one).

It will be fun to get that shower room floor warm, and the conservatory too.

Reply to
Tim Watts