AEG Customer Service Complaint

How long would you expect a =A3700 AEG top-of-the-range (when i bought it brand new) washing machine to last on regular use by a married couple and 1 baby?

Maybe my expectations were too high, but i don't think 10 years or more was not too much to expect. I would have been glad with 15 and amazed with 20, but just after its 5th year the motor and its control panel have died. The control panel has burnt components and the motor has damaged armature. The cost of this repair is just under =A3400 - the cost of a resonable washing machine today!

I contacted AEG Customer Services giving Renha (the customer service advisor who answered my call) the details of my washing machine and requested some support in having the machine looked at.

After much complaining, Renha agreed to provide 70% of the cost of the parts if i would pay for the engineer to inspect the machine. Initially i did not agree to pay for the engineer at all, but decided i would considering AEG would pay up to 70% of the parts.

For some reason, AEG have my details mixed up with another customer with the same surname living in the same town as myself. I know this, because the Service Centre told me the name and address of the other customer.

Since my machine was actually 5 years old and not 2 as Rehna had somehow decided, AEG have refused to pay for any of the parts and i would not have agreed to have an engineer inspect my machine knowing this.

AEG Customer Services have clearly made a mistake, but now will not admit their fault, since i have requested that they refund my cost for the inspection, since had i known AEG would not help with the cost of the parts, i would not have agreed to the inspection.

Reply to
ajmerphull

Think yourself lucky. A friend of mine came home just in time to see his two or three year old AEG washer with flames coming out of the top. Luckily it was freestanding in a utility room and nothing had been left on top otherwise the whole house could have gone up. As it was the door contained the smoke damage to just one room but it still cost a tidy packet to sort out.

Reply to
Matt

Just what I REALLY wanted to hear after fitting and AEG washer/drier and dishwasher in April of this year. Fingers crossed.

Perhaps I'd better bring forward the heat alarm installation for the kitchen.

Richard

Reply to
rjs