Advice needed on conversion from gas to electric water heater

Cobblers. The current demand for an electric shower is about as much as a domestic supply will take, which is why I said they were available about as powerful as an electric shower and why I said you may as well fill the bath using the shower. There is no point in having another instant heater that is only as powerful as the shower. If you want to fit an industrial three phase heater feel free but the average householder isn't going to.

Do try and keep up or at least read what is said, hint what does domestic mean?

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) saying something like:

Supplied one to me a few years ago and it's still working perfectly. Iirc it was about 15~18kW which was adequate for permanently occupied mobile home use. Much larger than that would have been a bit of a strain on the power supply - as it was, the pulsing nature of the heater tended to flicker the lights a bit, but it worked ok, feeding kitchen sink, bath and shower. The occupier had an ancient gas Ascot, which was absolutely lethal and gawd knows how the place hadn't burned down or the occupants asphyxiated. When I showed her the charring damage she insisted on an electric solution, so I found her one of these. Similar to this: url:

Grimly Curmudgeon