Advice about bathroom lights

I have lights on either side of the bathroom mirror. The bulbs are G9. I replaced these with LEDs (after one failed) and the new ones do not seem bright enough. The ones I have are I think 2 watts. I see you can get them up to 8 watts.

What would be a suitable level of illumination - preferably in lumens? There are two of them. They are in globes.

Are the very high power ones liable to overheating and premature failure?

Reply to
Scott

What were the power of the ones you replaced?

Can be - much depends on the level of cooling available in the luminaire.

Reply to
John Rumm

bit hard for us to guess what light level you like.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Round a mirror? The more, the better. Until you get to my age. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And /very/ warm white if you have a female user.

Reply to
Geo

Were the original G9 halogen? If so what wattage?

G9 Halogen approx 10 to 13 lumens per watt

G9 LED approx 100 lumens per watt

So, if you were replacing a 40W halogen you probably need a 5W LED

Reply to
alan_m

Thanks. I think they were 40 watt. I shall search for something in the region of 5-6 watts.

Reply to
Scott

Thanks. I found them on Amazon and as I signed up by mistake to Amazon Prime for one month I was able to get them post free.

Reply to
Scott