<ADVERT> Home Automation, control your household lights and appliances over the internet

Unless you have expertise in other fields of DIY which you can share with others in the group.

(Sorry Stefek, just thought I'd add that little bit on the end and save typing it all out again and ruining such a perfect literary composition) :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Excuse me, but the signature at the bottom of many posters replies, is there whether they post to the group or to anywhere else for that matter. It is not a blatant use of free advertising, it is just stuck at the bottom of all the postings we send out to the world.

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , BigWallop writes

Sorry, I'm not very good at this DIY lark!

(but I'm trying (as many people will confirm))

Reply to
ignored

*resists monty python urge*

I know, but that's like a raindrop in the ocean compared to the other ways people harvest email addresses, the worst offenders being the sites who insist you register to use their service using a valid email address and e-card 'services', and sites that have a 'hey I found this page interesting option so I want to send it to' feature.

"we promise we won't use your email address for anything other than a login but we also promise to change our privacy policy overnight"

And you wouldn't believe how many machines I've worked on for people that have GATOR installed....grrrr....'oh this option box popped up asking if I wanted to install something so I said yes'

sassenfrassenrassenrickrastardly :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

No it wasn't. It was an attempt to use the group as a free advertising medium for your company.

Good. Now piss off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Jim Brett writes

No, we get a useful newsgroup with out commercial advertising

Reply to
geoff

Aaaahhhh !!! Just read the word GATOR and it still sends a shudder up my spine. I was once asked to register for one of the site you mean, but the photo's they sent to my e-mail address were nothing spectacular. I've seen better. Or am I thinking of the wrong type of web site ? :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

LOL !!!

I've been told I'm trying, very trying.

Reply to
BigWallop

I can't imagine gator sex being much to look at!

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Dunno. I'd guess a love bite would be something else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

THIS group works well mostly because we support each other unconditionally; so coming in here all "divide and conquer" is probably a bad ploy. You take us as a whole or not at all I say. And so would a few others in my guesstimate, but you'd best ask them to be certain, as I am not about to make any presumptions on another's behalf. Frankly, I'd consider yourself lucky that more or all didn't decide to do something about it.

To make a superficial apology and then nullify it by trying to justify and excuse wasn't an entirely convincing second move either.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

I expect you'd have to give it a "whirl" to find the attraction! Most gators seem to like it just fine ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

LOL! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

In message , Gnube writes

Yeah, I've killfiled him

I totally agree with you, we might have our little flames from time to time, but we all pull together

Reply to
geoff

In message , Gnube writes

Sorry, that was too deep for me

Reply to
geoff

Thanks, & BTW, as long as you're here, d'you want to buy an upright piano kit Mister? Easy to assemble guv, honest! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

I'm feeling generous today so I'll let you have a go first!

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

"Gnube" wrote | Thanks, & BTW, as long as you're here, d'you want to buy an | upright piano kit Mister? Easy to assemble guv, honest! ;O)

"No need to wait in for delivery - fits through letterbox for your added convenience"

"All mechanical parts included. Simply add your choice of wood panelling to create an heirloom that will be treasured by future generations"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I got just the thing for you too Sir, some loverly "only slightly used at the outer and inner edges" Screwfix grinding discs they are 3.25" and have a bore of 65mm! Some have very interesting "irregular" center bores, very "art de beachcomber" some of them are, so they can be used to make nice ornamental displays or earings also! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Upright piano kit?

I've got an upright piano, but it doesn't keep up with fashions, it just sits there nekkid

Reply to
geoff