Adding wiring to an existing Stud Wall

Hi, just doing my kitchen and I want to connect a fused spur switch from an existing double socket on the ring in a stud wall to a socket that will be behind the fridge. This will need a vertical drop of cable followed by a horizontal run of perhaps a 1 metre.

I can cut a channel in the plaster board using a stanley knife. However, how do I then plaster the channel with out it all dropping through to the inside of the stud wall?

With the cabling, i will have to cross several vertical timbers, I will have to cut notches for the cable to pass. How deep should the notches be and do I need to protect the cable in the notches with some sort of sheilding as mentioned in the previous stud-wall posting?

The cable will be dangling free between the vertical timbers. Is this acceptable?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Rob Horton

Look at this thread, currently ongoing elsewhere in this newsgroup, and which covers this:

Lobster