ACV electric combi boiler

I have an ACV electric (6kW) tank in tank combi boiler that has just
packed up.
No idea why, but there is water at the bottom of the cylinder (can
feel this inside the insulation). It failed when I switched it on
(left off several days). Before it failed I noticed the radiators
were perhaps hotter than normal. It is around 4 years old.
Can anyone advise on typical failure modes of this type of system..?
Does it need to be a 'certified' person to repair..?
Do they require regular servicing...?
Any help appreciated..
Reply to
whitely525
I think this is the thermal store. Sounds like the thermostat has failed and high limit has tripped it out. Is there a reset button?
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in