Acrylic sealant remover

The sealant around our bath is quite hard and has cracked. I assume it's acrylic? I want to redo it, and I see that you can buy something to soften it up, but I'm pretty sure that the bath is acrylic, too. Is it a good idea to use it on a plastic bath? Is this stuff much different to the stuff that is supposed to soften up silicone?

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre