Acer Aspire S7 dead touchpad

After cleaning my touchpad with screen wash spray on a paper cloth, it has ceased to work. I have reloaded the drivers, done Fn T and wound it back to the last restore point, but it is still dead. Works OK with an external mouse though.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Simon Mason

let it dry out. Should come back

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If it doesn't dry out, I have an Acer Aspire with a dead motherboard. I was going to replace the MB but decided it wasn't worth it I won't have access to it until Monday, so can't check the model number. I can check if I can remove the keypad and send it to you if it's a replacement.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie

The touchpad has died internally I'd suspect, dell ones do that and sometimes if left connected have ghost operations for mo apparent reason afterwards. NOt sure how they work, I'd assume some kind of capacity effect? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

That is very kind, but I am going to take it in to a repair shop. Cheers.

Reply to
Simon Mason

I had problems with an Aspire 5536 MB. Turned out to be a common problem - a soldering fault. A firm found on Ebay removed a processor, cleaned and resoldered for about £40. Still working fine now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was just drying the touchpad with a paper cloth and it started working again!

Reply to
Simon Mason

I've acquired a car with touch sensitive courtesy lights in the front. Trouble is they kept flashing on and off while driving. I wiped them with a tissue, and now they dont. No idea why. And I am supposed to understand elecronics....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It has happened three times before when I sprayed the keyboard with glass cleaner and wiped it. It disabled the mousepad for several days before curing itself.

Reply to
Simon Mason