Acctim 71837 Higton Sound

I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a much dimmer light please?

Reply to
Broadback

put a piece of lighting gel over the front. That's what I did with a different clock to dim it down.

Reply to
charles

I've never heard of this, but from past experience it seems many displays go dim all too quickly. Luckily I now use a touch talking clock and or an echo dot for the bedroom. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Does anyone remember those clocks that projected the time on the ceiling? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Related but OT. We have an Echo Dot that displays the time along the edge. In daylight the display is quite bright but at night it auto dims presumably so not to irritate. However, I would prefer it bright as I am not affected by LEDs at night and would prefer to see the time rather than squinting or putting my glasses on. Does anyone know what you have to tell Alexa? All instructions so far have been dutifully ignored and I cannot find a setting the Alexa app.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Forget the previous post I was looking at the wrong Echo Dot in the Alexa app. I found the solution by switching off adaptive brightness and it has done the trick!

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

yes I have one bought a couple of years ago adn I still use it with the time internal temp and external temp projected onto the ceiling.

whisky-dave

Sleep wearing welding goggles.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The phone on the bedside table has three bright indicator lights. It is on my right as I lie there.

I can lie on my left and not have problems because it's behind me. Or lie on my right and not have problems because my right eye is buried in the pillow, and I don't have a left eye.

Reply to
Bob Eager