A universal LNB, hot coffee,and black body radiation

experimenter in the video posts in a tech newsgroup but I thought it might be of interest here.

Reply to
Graham.

I'm not convinced - mostly because of a lack of mechanism for the IR radiation to be coherent.

I'd expect it more likely that there's some radiated power from the LNB and that's refelcting off the mug - though why it should reflect better when hot I don't know. The peaks at varied distances would be far easier to explain as constructive inteference between the radiated signal and the received signal - indeed some early proximity fuses, like the VT fuse worked, this way.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Nice little video, so long as you don't read the "explanation".

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Graham." saying something like:

Excellent. I wasn't expecting the periodicity of it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

IR? it's microwave. But other than that, the coherence was my comment when it first appeared in another place - the world's cheapest MASER?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah. Still - the rest stands.

Reply to