A story unfolds Aaaaaaaaaagh!

I'm having Double glazing put in on this property I'm renting,the council are footing the bill. However the landlord has an property managment agent to manage the running of the property.

In june of last year 2007 I handed the form into the property managment agents in which I had to wait two weeks for any development as the surveyor was on holiday.

November came and no contact was made with me over the what was going on so contacted the surveyor and he informed me that the landlord gave the consent to have the work done and we arranged a time for him to come out and inspect the windows to see what needed doing.

He came and went,december the council came out to inspect the same thing and that was that.

Got the bloke from the council that came out in december knocking on me door this morning and was informed that all the proposed work was passed and he was still waiting on the form that got passed into the agents in June of

2007 as this was a signed agreement and the work could not go ahead until he had that form on his desk

Aggggggggggggh! I cannot believe that this piece of paper brings everything to a standstill just because some council worker has not bothered to inform the surveyor that he has not recieved a form back or the surveyor has not informed the landlord to send it back to him or the council.

Seven months and not even past the bloody gate.

Anyone got a gun to lend me.

Reply to
George

Doesn't answer your question but, if you are renting from a (private) landlord, how come the Council are footing the bill? I only ask as I am also a landlord and I wonder if I am missing something!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

"I wonder if I am missing something!" Regenaration area. ;-)

Reply to
George

I'm missing something here, i'm sure...

You're blaming someone at the council for your surveyor and / or managing agent not doing their bit ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Well Ive had time to calm down and I can now inform that according to the surveyor he sent? a copy of the form back in august 2007 apparently the form got lost and he had to fax another? copy to the council blokey. The council blokey informed me today that he hasnt recieved the form.

Would that get you in a ruffle and punch the door? :-)

Reply to
George

No, i'd still aim at the surveyor for not confirming it had been received.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:22:01 -0000 someone who may be Colin Wilson wrote this:-

Many people's experience is that trying to get council officials to confirm anything is very difficult.

Reply to
David Hansen