A simple 240v 1 hour timer push button switch

I've put new ch rads in the kitchen and outbuilding. If they are running at the same time as the rest of the house, they will be wasteful and cost a lot to run. So what I ideally want is the facility to press a single button on entering the kitchen, which will open an electrical valve and allow those radiators to run for an hour before the button needs to be pressed again. (I don't want a timer where you set it to turn on and off at specific times)
Is there any such thing as a timer like this?
Tony

Put in a PIR switch connected to a thermostat and then a motorised valve. It will switch on when you enter and switch off when you leave. The thermostat will stop it switching on if its hot.
dennis@home wrote:

Having to stay in the kitchen, dancing a little jig to keep triggering the PIR might be slightly less than convenient while waiting for it to warm up.
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:11:17 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I like that as a solution but would mean that the heating kicked in even if you only passed through the area rather than intending to remain in there.

One could easily have a long hang time after being triggered but that wouldn't work very well with the passing visit. Warm up will be the same in both cases of button push or PIR trigger.
You can get timers. I doubt the cheap air operated ones would go out to hour reliably and are a pain to adjust even at a few minutes delay. So it's DIN rail modules which come in all manner of options...
--
Cheers
Dave.

yep, but doing such little jig will warm you up anyway ;-)
In article

Be quite easy to make, if you have reasonable electronic skills. Using a 555 timer chip.
--
*I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it *

You sometimes see light switches like that, but with a shorter delay.
Radio Spares (and do doubt others) sell 'delay off' relays. These relays close when power is supplied and then stay closed, possibly for a variable period, after power is removed.
--
Michael Chare

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:30:16 -0700 (PDT), tonyjeffs
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/EK320A.html with a push button switch to operate it, eg
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4878P.html
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:30:16 -0700 (PDT) Tonyjeffs wrote :

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/93158/Plumbing/Central-Heating-Controls/Horstmann-E30-Boost-Timeswitch
Push once, twice or three times for 30/60/120 minutes. Push again to cancel before the time period runs out.
--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' www.superbeam.co.uk

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Timers_Index/Immersion_Heater_Timers_2/index.html
15 / 30 / 60 or 30 / 60 / 120 minutes, 3kW load and built-in button.