A silly paint kettle question......

Having spilt (and wasted) a partly filled 2.5l can of paint this morning, I decided I'd start using a paint kettle - if it happens again, the overall quantity won't be as much!

Is there a simple way to transfer paint from can to kettle without spilling it everywhere? Yes, I realise you can just pour from can to kettle and back again, but that usually results in the lip of the can filling up with paint, which in turn runs down the side of the can. Just wondering if there was a glaringly obvious knack (that is completely escaping me) to doing it without making too much mess.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Errr, wiping it with the brush you are going to use? Up the side and then round the rim to force all either into the can or into the brush.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Use a ladle, or tip the paint out of the container on the non- instruction side and clean up with Bounty kitchen paper.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from The Wanderer contains these words:

Ladle.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Aaarugh, the rays!

Reply to
Guy King

I are suffering magnificently from "Ben Bracken". Will have to whizz off to the kitchen directly.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I just use a large old soupspoon.

Reply to