A ring main question

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net laid this down on his screen :

I have a vague memory of the wood channelling being called something similar to 'cat and casing'.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Pointles in as much as any 1950s install will fail on many points today. Pointful if it motivates him to rewire. Would definitely suggest bringing the report here to ukdiy before agreeing to anything

- those PIRs are notorious for scare tactics, and we could explain what each point means in the real world.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I guess I took it as obvious that when marking the plugs you'd tell them

Just be thankful your end users have fuses popping rather than smoke coming out.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Capping and casing...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Thanks, yes. So that's 'Cap and casing'

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The episode

magic number was 7

Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels

Thank god - I thought I was mad. :-)

Funny how one single episode from all that time ago lodged in my brain - and was there the moment I read NT's post. (I had searched IMDB but must have not come up with the magic terms.)

Reply to
Rod