a healthy ng.

And drivel. Don't forget him - what a sweetheart he is. Oh.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We have also lost a few prolific posters... dribble seems scarce these days, and even his output was never the same after demise of Andy Hall.

I note google now seem to have replaced their overall group stats page which linked all the postings for every month with a total, and gave monthly and all time posting counts, with this rather sad effort:

That seems to suggest the whole group died a few months back, and the most active posters tally is well short of the real numbers (which were up in the 20 - 30K posts range before)

Reply to
John Rumm

non binary ng's take up hardly any room. a friend ran a newserver and he used a 250g hdd to do it. i'd say the retention is the deciding factor.

giganew are now (excluding dmca's) upto 5 years for binaries.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros

that's an impressive amount of posts. long may this ng provide usefull help and information. i don't know why i never checked this ng out years ago. probably because i was buggering around in the alt.* hierachy, i never looked at any of the other big 8 ng's.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros

.-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Probably does not help that we don't sit in the "right" place in the normal uk. hierarchy either ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Happily married to each other.

Reply to