A Damaged Foot Is Better Than Work

It was my 1st day back at work today after my bad ankle.

Please listen to this 10 times at full volume before replying

then you will understand.

A mid 20s male that looked like an advert for a tattoo parlour (and he did have a LOT of area to cover) blasted the music out from his bedroom whilst the mother sat in the lounge in a dressing gown until midday.

At 12.30 there was a problem with the electricity and all the sockets needed to be turned off:-) At 12.35 tattoo boy tapped £20 off his Mum to go to the pub.

At 12.40 she got dressed and went to see her next door neighbour as her neighbours TV was still working.

The electricity supply was restored at 12.45 for the workmen.

I spent 2 hours searching YouTube finding that "song".

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Eurovision meets Sportacus? Eurghhhhh!

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Reply to
John Stumbles

10th time around.

Just had another day in the ClassicFM house: it's driving me mad! I can listen to Radio3 until the cows come home (or Choral Evensong comes on) but CFM makes me want to puke. It's like eating chocolates all ... the ... f****ing .... time!

Whereas yesterday the punter had 6 music on which was really good most of the time, sort of Glasto / Reading Rock stuff. In particular they played a song by Florence (And The Machine?) a couple of times. I've heard people raving about her and seen her a couple of times on TV from Reading & Glastonbury and thought she's OK but nothing to get excited about but it struck me on this song she's got something of Grace Slick about her.

Struck me as a little unfortunate given 6's threatened status and probably small listenership that one of the DJs referred to their audience as "our 6 listeners".

Reply to
John Stumbles

Reply to
Andy Dingley

My dog is a scooter.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Now you're talking!

Reply to
Gib Bogle

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

As a keep fit vid, it sucks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Did you not like it ? I thought it was 'kin A ! I loved it, and the video. Mind, I always loved the original album that this song's 'theme' has been lifted from, which is "Trouble" by Sailor from 1975. The track is "Glass of Champagne", which was also released as a single. For a 'pop' band, they were actually very accomplished musicians, and Georg Kajanus had a very good singing voice. I've got my good headphones plugged into the big amp attached to my computer right now, and the YouTube page is still up, so I think I am going to go listen to it again now ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Did you not like it ? I thought it was 'kin A ! I loved it, and the video. Mind, I always loved the original album that this song's 'theme' has been lifted from, which is "Trouble" by Sailor from 1975. The track is "Glass of Champagne", which was also released as a single. For a 'pop' band, they were actually very accomplished musicians, and Georg Kajanus had a very good singing voice. I've got my good headphones plugged into the big amp attached to my computer right now, and the YouTube page is still up, so I think I am going to go listen to it again now ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Why is this stupid news client uploading my posts twice ? Anyway, just to say that I've just downloaded the whole Jumping All Over The World album, and it's excellent. I'll drop it on my 'Touch tomorrow

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Heh. Still it's been saved now

until they decide to kill DAB :)

Darren - another 6 music fan.

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Planet Rock all day for me :-)

Reply to
John

Radio 4 for me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not just me, then.

Reply to
Huge

Radio 4 in the house and ??? Gold in the workshop.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

me too - except "comfy loafers" women's hour - that drives me Fin mad, my coping "strategy" is to echo every mention of "women" in a somewhat gruff lesbionic accent - try it!!

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K