3 phase electrics to a shed?

Not in my day. GCSEs were graded 1 to 9, with 1-6 being a pass and 7-9 a fail. Circa 1966.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I don't think GCSEs were around in 1966. GCE yes and maybe just about the start of CSE.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Sorry. I meant GCE O levels of course. Think my brother took CSEs in

1967.
Reply to
Bob Eager

"O" levels were 1-6 (pass), 7-9 (fail) when I took them

"A" levels were A-E (pass), F-Fail IIRC

Reply to
geoff

GCSEs took over from GCE 'O' Levels and CSEs in 1988.

CSE examinations were introduced in 1965 and ran alongside the well established GCE 'O' Levels, which had replaced the School Certificate back in 1951.

Reply to
Bruce

In the 1960s they were graded 1 to 9.

7,8 and 9 were fails.

This was with Uni of Cambridge LES.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

O levels were graded by letter by some examining boards and my number by others.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Frank did Cambridge GCEs many years ago, 2 or 3 years after me. They were graded 1-6 as a pass, 7 & possibly 8 as a fail. Grade 2 would probably rate an A* these days.

Reply to
<me9

When were S levels? I did Physics S in '82 along with my A levels and had a numeric result for the S, but letters for O and A

Reply to
Andy Dingley

JMB were graded numerically at O'level. I remember because I took an AEB O'level because they were easier than JMB and they were graded A-E.

Reply to
dennis

Top 80%, probably A**

Reply to
dennis

S levels were A levels + IIRC meant mainly for those aiming for Oxbridge

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Duh. Dunno. After my time, probably. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce