25mm pipe Insulation - fix how?

Have some 10mm and 15 mm pipe in 25mm insulation in my loft. I'd like to fix it to the tops of the joists or the bottom of the rafters. But ALL the pipe clips I can find are either nail-on which can't be used with insulation, or screw-on and not available with a stem long enough for 25mm insulation.
Has anyone solved this, or know of long stand-off clips. I'm aware of the very expensive brass ones, e.g. Toolstation 92644 st 0.5 each.
My next thought is to abandon clips all together, and find some way of using kingspan to insulate a pipe duct. As my next project is my circulating hot water main, I need a very good insulation characteristic to make it viable, without cold-bridging to the joist/rafter.
R.

Pipe clip spacers and longer screws! Wolseley centres
In message

What about standard gutter pipe clips with a short length of slit pipe to stiffen the insulation?
regards
--
Tim Lamb

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 03:06:13 -0800 (PST), cynic
Piece of wood drilled with a clearance hole and longer screws - almost free.
On 27/01/2011 11:06, cynic wrote:

Use pieces of copper pipe as spacers with long screws.

...at three quid a metre for 15mm pipe (B&Q prices) you can soon piss a heap of money away on something that just needs a bit of wood costing bugger all.

You use Talon pipe clips and the spacers supplied for them; job jobbed.

www.bes.co.uk
17520 and 17515

My stuff has the insulation applied then duct taped along the slit and at joints then saddle fixed with lengths of fixing strap & clout nails: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p39724
Ducts are a faff and IME leak air so aren't as effective as extruded pipe insulation.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks