252

why is rte 1 on LW 252Mc/s off air?

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

sorry 252 Kc/s silly me you would think I would know...tee hee

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

closure of LW station to focus on FM and DAB?

Reply to
SH

Class 1 as well...

Reply to
jon

I can't get either band.

Reply to
jon

Kilkerry cycles per second ?

Reply to
Andrew

do you have an outdoor aerial mounted on the roof?

Reply to
SH

It was working the other day, but there is a strong foreign station on that frequency. As you may recall, they had no long wave station until Atlantic

252 folded and they took advantage of basically a free transmitter.

I think most people these days listen to fm or on the internet. It could be just down for servicing. Maybe they can move the channel to a spare one, there is plenty of space. Lots of radios still have a long wave band. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Anyway its back on now, so one might suspect a fault. Unfortunately here in the south of the UK there is a lot of lightening interference, and even rotating the ferrite will not reduce it as its all around. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Class A if you don't mind ....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

indeed

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

thank the suprime being it is back no wall to wall Queey on there....and no fitb/ fitbo this weekend is a result ...... knew she had to be good for something

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

not a lazy arsed class B ...

Jim Stewart ...

252kHz is MW, not LW
Reply to
Andy Bennet

I took 30-300kHz to be Long Wave?

300kHz to 3MHz to be Medium Wave?

Though broadcast definitions are a subset of these ranges.

Reply to
Fredxx

LW to 300 Khz.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That' new. My BBC Radio Transmitting Stations booklet from 1995/6 says: MW 526.5 - 1606.5 kHz LW 148.5 - 283.5 kHz

Reply to
charles

I dont think so. MW is around 800khz - 1,5Mhz

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"RTÉ will carry out essential maintenance of the Long Wave (LW) transmitter in Clarkstown, Co. Meath from 15th June 2021 for two months during which period RTÉ Radio 1 will not be available on LW 252. These works are necessary to ensure that RTÉ can continue to broadcast RTÉ Radio 1 on LW. "

The Natural Philosopher

bollox it is

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...