2.5mm radial circuit?

Could anyone confirm whether this would be OK or not please?

I want to put my fridge, my freezer, boiler and a TV aerial distribution amplifier on a non-RCD protected circuit. My (unless you tell me otherwise) intention is to run from the CU to the freezer (approx 4.0m) then over to the other side of the room for the fridge (4.2m), then up into the loft for an FCU (fused at 3A) for the boiler (about 10 or 11m). Whilke it's up in the loft, it may as well feed the aerial amp that I'll be putting up there.

All in all, a radial circuit of maybe around 20m in total - OK to use 2.5mm T&E?

John.

Reply to
John

As long as it has a 20A MCB protecting it then yes, it's a 'normal' configuration (or whatever the term is) according to the OSG.

Reply to
tinnews

Do you mean central heating boiler or water heater? (I ask because you mention "loft").

Assming you're using a 16A MCB in your CU and your total max demand is below this (would have to look up what diversity is allowed - probably little or none in this situation), then 2.5 sq mm T&E sounds fine, given a suitable cable installation.

Reply to
dom

Assuming you are intending this to be a new circuit fed from a 20A MCB, then this is fine.

I would label the sockets for the fridge and freezer clearly, to reduce the risk of somebody assuming that they are isolated with the rest of the room. Make sure you have a clear label at the consumer unit too.

To be pedantic you probably need to label the sockets are being "not for outdoor use" if they are somewhere where that's likely to happen.

John

Reply to
John White

Reply to