1st DIY project: loft flooring

Going down hill fast then. :-)

The next thing to do is to visit the local trade merchants and introduce yourself to them as Mate. They will recognise this because they all have that as their name anyway.

Then you will become known as the new Mate with the stubble who doesn't work for any other Mate,

I've heard conversations like this in Plumbcenter in Bracknell where they are talking about people not present and got up to 6 different Mates who worked for different companies (not mentioned). The funny thing was that they all knew who they were talking about.

Of course you do have to leave the gold card at home and have an account that you don't settle for months before you are welcome into the inner circle of Mates.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Plumbcenter in Bracknell? What am I missing.....?

Gold card - don't have one. Refused all offers. And apart from the ongoing expenses that I clear every month I'm pleased to report that I have zero outstanding on any credit cards......

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

Nothing apart from waiting half an hour to get served :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have to find this Plumbcenter. Can't think how my radar hasn't picked it up as I drive around the town.....I usually make a mental note of places that could be useful to me and I guess this one has evaded my attention.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

It's in the Western Centre in Western Road (near the tip) but is tucked away slightly so not obvious from the road as you drive by.

I opened an account with Wolseley Centers which includes Plumb Center, Builder Center etc. If you are a regular purchaser you can get better pricing as a result.

FWIW, the nearby WF Electrical is a useful source of supply, and I noticed last time I passed that a new Wickes is being built there, effectively at the back of Homebase. It will be interesting to see how Homebase move their prices.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You wouldn't think I live in Bracknell now would you? That's another piece of news! And I nearly live in Homebase some days.....

Thanks Andy & Christian.

PoP

-----