15mm Flexible Pipe?

Hello All

I am in the process of planning for re-routing some 15mm pipe work for a toilet supply and wash basin. The old pipe under the floor boards is copper and is pretty difficult to manoeuvre and just wondered if plastic flexible pipe would be recommended instead?

If so can you join copper to plastic using the push fit fitments?

For the washbasin I am going to have to route the pipe inside the stud wall too, should I get some of those braided type flexible connectors to attach to the taps, making the job easier?

Any advice, comments?

Thanks as usual

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Yes you can do but it is not necessarily that flexible. You can't bend it around 90 degree corners unless you have about huge radius for example.

Yes you can but you need inserts for the plastic section and compatible pushfit connectors (Screwfix's Cuprofit will work, others probably will too).

Yes you can but as they restrict the water flow with a very narrow opening at the tap end, so if you are already suffering from poor flow they will make it worse. It will look better to use copper too.

Luke

Reply to
Wingedcat

Yes it can be simpler in these cases. While it is a bit stiff to work with, you can thread it through joists and turn a corner in the space between joists. The final rise up to the basin would look better in copper of chrome though.

Yes. You can use push fit on either pipe type.

It may, although if you have copper "tails" connected to plastic pipe you may fine the copper is now easy enough to align anyway due to the plastic.

Reply to
John Rumm