150 mm Sanding disc wanted for B&Q's CLM450ROS

We have just bought a couple of Performance Pro Dual Random Orbital Sanders model: CLM450ROS. from B&Q. The machine comes with both 125mm and 150mm dia bases, the 150 base is actually fitted to the machine when you unpack them. In the box are a couple of discs for both bases, so someone, somewhere actually makes them. I can get the 125mm discs more or less anywhere, but not the 150mm one. I have asked at several B&Q depots, but they have only ever stocked the smaller one. I wrote to B&Q who referred me to the Performance Pro Helpline, but the person I spoke to, said they had no knowledge of the CLM450ROS and referred me back to B&Q Customer Services. I have tried most of the larger tool accessory firms in the area, but they do not stock disc to fit them. The discs are of the 'Hook and Loop' variety (Velcro to most of us) they have 8, 10mm diameter holes for dust extraction, the problem being is that the hole centres are 43mm in from the outer edge of the disc. Can anyone please suggest where to get them from?

Reply to
Terry Birch

Generally 150mm with 6 holes is the industry standard size and pattern.

Have a look at

use these with my Metabo sander and they are compatible with that.

There is a 125mm size as well.

The industry standard 8 hole disks have the holes near the edge.

you seem to have a non-standard machine then probably the cheapest and easiest way is to buy disks without holes

then punch them with a piece of sharpened tube using a piece of ply with drilled holes as a jig.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hi Terry,

Try here

is not much in the abrasive line that they don't do.

You could always buy un punched discs and make up a jig to cut the holes where you need them.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks for the info Bob, I have just been in touch with them, they have them in stock and have supplied the relevant part numbers for the different grits, and they have put a catalogue in the post today.

Reply to
Terry Birch

Hi Terry We have just bought a couple of Performance Pro Dual Random Orbital Sanders model: CLM450ROS. from B&Q.

What do you think of them? I was tempted myself, looks like a good tool.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi Dave, I cannot fault them in anyway, especially as I have now got the correct

150mm discs coming for it. Plus the fact, at the present special offer price of £19.99 incl. together with a three year guarantee, where can you get a better deal!
Reply to
Terry Birch

Hi Terry

=A319:99? Wow! Where did you see that - the web site says =A329:99. Dave

Reply to
Dave

replying to Terry Birch, Mr Christopher M Young wrote: Hi there. ebay has loads of both 125 and 150mm sanding discs with various levels of roughness. I am looking for a 5" sanding pad, that these discs fit on to. not having much luck at the moment

Reply to
Mr Christopher M Young

The Natural Philosopher