10mm Copper Pipe

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .? Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

AFAIK it comes in rolls. It straightens with gentle bending. Try to avoid bending it more than necessary.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Attach one end securely to something. Attach the other end securely to a movable something. Move the movable something away from the immovable something until the distance is .5% or so above that when the pipe got taught.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Normally coils and unless you can work Miracles, it will never be straight.

I suggest you buy a short coil and experiment. You will soon see what I mean, and what level of finish you can attain.

Reply to
EricP

Yeah,thats why I aksed cos I was proposing to try to neaten up the present pipes to the ardiators some of which are not particularly straight . I did a Goofgle and saw that straight lengths do seem to be made but finding where they are sold is another matter .You can also get it in insulated form which might be a better option . A friend of mine has a house about 2 years old which has 10mm insulated piping . Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

Just checked the cost of the insulated stuff with a local plumbers merchant and here is what they said .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello... Price is £103.13 per 25mt coil + vat £18.05 total £121.18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PHEW !!!! Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

--------------------------

--------------------------

================== I use an external spring to straighten my 8mm pipe so the same technique should be reasonably successful for 10mm - assuming that you've got a 10mm external spring. It doesn't give perfect results but it's much better than trying to straighten it by hand alone.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Thx Cic...I'll try that . Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

Somewhere, in my 'too good to throw away' box; I've got a plastic red bending tool for 8mm, the tool has a curved

90 deg 'track' at one end _and_ the handle is 'drilled' for 8mm piping - the theory is; one draws the pipe off the coil through the handle and forming 'bends' where needed. It seemed to work mostly ... it helped to have one person 'drawing' off the piping while another person held the coil and the plastic forming/straightening tool.

Can't remember where I bought it - t'was almost thirty-years ago.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

-------------------------

Item No. 6941, 10mm X 25m coil =A319.24

Item No. 7359, 25m coil with castellated white plastic coating (I think this is what you mean by insulated) =A318.77

Prices are approximate 'cos my catalogue's out-of-date.

Reply to
Aidan

Thx for that .It's now £24.40 but that's exactly what I'm looking for . Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart