10mm^2 connector

Having discovered after buying one that 60A junction boxes are rated for only 4-25mm wire (and 2.5mm could presumably slip out beside the screws even if folded over) I think I am going for that solution. The connections will go in a metal box, along with a block connector to terminate the redundant meter tails, so I think chocblock is acceptably safe.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I've got to connect 10mm to 4mm (10mm is from SWA), I reckon 60A choc bloc with 10mm on one side and folded over 4mm on the other will be just fine. But 2.5mm in those size terminals, as you say could slip out of the screw.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Well, in case anyone is interested, the 60A choc bloc will just take a 10mm^2 and 4mm^2 all the way through from opposite sides so the whole thing is on 2 screws, which is always reassuring.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

4 screws on the 60A jbs I use
Reply to
ARW

Mine too. But I only used two of them and put the 2.5mm and the 10mm wires in from the same sidet. Seeing it is all in an outer box with the cables effective fixed behind the wood panel it's mounted on there seemed no downside and more reliable contacts.

Reply to
Roger Hayter