100w lamp.

Haven't had a filiment lamp for over ten years. You must be brain dead.

Reply to
harry

If dimmable is not a requirement, Tesco have own brand 1521 lumen 13W (100W equiv) for a tenner

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or will only reach 80% of full brightness after 1 year of use!

CFLs are history.

Reply to
ARW

I think this bulb is the one recently recommended by Which?

and Ikea do a 100W equivalent LED bulb but you'd need an adaptor as it's a screw thread. They do the adaptors at two for a pound I think

Reply to
Murmansk

or I know better than you ....

Reply to
Jimbo /p

B&Q have 35 watt CFLs on offer at £5

output on the package is 2285 lumen or 151 watt equivalent

It would be too big for many lampshades though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

We stocked up, too, for use in dimmed circuits and a few others where the replacement bulbs were unsuitable. But we use the miniature fluorescents everywhere appropriate. However, what I would really like to know is where I can get anything that is equivalent to 10-25 watts incandescent, because brighter is NOT always better :-(

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren

Little LED lamps from Aldi or poundland do that fine.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have a 65watt cfl (spiral)

Reply to
F Murtz

I've a 30W CFL that, although it takes time to warm up, is good at full output. Got it from Morrisons a few years ago.

Now gone over to all LEDs. The same room with 3-off 5W 600lm LEDs in translucent/transparent shades might be a tad overlit for some.

Reply to
PeterC

Seems that Ikea is going all LEDs. Early this year there was a 'new' 10W LED in Ikea with a warning that it was hot - it was! A brief touch stung about the same as a 60W incandescent. A stupid waste of energy and also the output wasn't good.

For a few pounds Ikea sells a a tripple cord E27 set, so easy to wire in place of existing B22 holders. I don't know about E14.

Reply to
PeterC

How can something that only emits light from the top half of the bulb be classed as "equivalent"?

Light distribution is important for an awful lot of light fittings and until alternatives can match an incandescent bulb for distribution they are NOT equivalent.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Have you seen personally any of those last more that a year? I've had so many bad experiences with cheap LEDs dying, I only buy from LEDHut or ones with certain known names behind them.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Somebody told me that one of the cheap German supermarkets were selling packs of ten 100 w filament bulbs a month or so back, but did not enquire what bases they had or how much. I had thought they were now no longer sold, but it looks like that is not true, so I'd imagine its a shop around thing. From experience though, toward the end of the mass usage, the bulbs seemed to get poor quality, often blowing after not that long and taking the circuit breaker for the lighting circuit with them. These were the BC type. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Yeah, so called ban. I'm not convinced it is really a ban. The larger cfls in white are actually now quite good and do not seem to need to warm up like the cheapo small ones we all got sent. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Same mount of light?!

I am pretty impressed with a couple of '60W' LED BC bulbs I bought from Lidl or Aldi on special. It's very much like an incandescent - instant on, and a very intense light. But you are right - it does feel much like I'd imagine the Mastermind studio to be, with a definite 'spotlight' effect.

Reply to
RJH

And they come with standard bayonet fittings? Or, in another case, large Edison screw? That's the problem.

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren

It was the (large) ASDA at Clapham Junction I was referring to. No 'energy saving' standard BC lamps above 60 watt equivalent. Nor did LEDHut have any either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They are not 100W equivalent, but I recently replaced halogen GLS bulbs in the bathroom light fittings with these:

A very satisfactory replacement, so replaced a couple of other 60W bulbs with these:

Richard

I have a relatively small number of them in use, but none have failed.

The Adli ones arrive in boxes with mixed lamp bases, shapes, and power ratings. They all sell out very quickly except the SBC ones, which almost no one uses in the UK nowadays, and they hang around in the shop for months.

Poundland do 3W BC and ES AFAICR (maybe SES - not sure) in golf ball and candle variations, but they sell out very fast when they get stock in, so you need to call in frequently to get them.

IKEA is another good source of LED lamps, but only screw fit. They do a cheap ES to BC adaptor, but it increases the overall length, which may cause problems.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel