100mm 100w Decor bulb.

In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting over the table. Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent with frosted glass - and no longer available. Only looked at TLC but they don't seem to do a LED equivalent. Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which are still avaiable, but it looks horrid. And produces nasty patterns on the wall which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being a much larger light source than the small halogen filamant.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want. I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Possibly the key word is "opal" in google search "100mm opal LED bulb"

Reply to
alan_m

Philips Hue do.

What do you find horrid about it ?

The Hue bulbs will be fine in that regard.

Me neither.

The white ambience Hues can be set to any color temp you like.

Philips Hue.

Reply to
Fred

That looks like it would do, but non dimmable, sadly. I did look on Ebay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Andy Burns

You can still get compact fluorescent globe types, such as shown here (with others at about 2/3 way down the page):

Non dimmable, of course, but a very even light.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Do they work with a regular wall dimmer, or is it from their app/special remote control only?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Search for 'G95 opal dimmable', for example:

(there are some which are 2200K - this is a bit too yellow for my liking, but it's very 'warm'. Probably not bright enough for you though.)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Nope.

From everything from their own wire free battery free kinetic dimmers to any of the stuff like echo dots and google home minis, phone apps on any type of phone etc.

Reply to
Fred

That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the same lampshade fitting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes:

(fitted one and it's fine, just like a regular BC pendant)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

IKEA do a 100mm LED one but you will probably need a ES to B22 converter but they aren?t expensive. It is dimmable.

Reply to
Radio Man

I've just looked on ebay auctions and see this:

It's 5 incandescent 50mm 100W pearl bulbs, which might do instead of your 100mm one. Hurry, only 1 day to go!

Reply to
Dave W

They've arrived and are just fine, Theo, thanks. Wonder why places like Screwfix don't sell them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It's a similar look of the thing both on and off I'm after.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Lack of demand from tradespeople who are their main custom?

Reply to
alan_m

I know the BC idea is supposedly safer as there is no connection to the metal base of the bulb as there is with ES, but the ES ones also do not spontaneously drop on your head due to failure of one of the bayonet slots after 10 years being cooked by the bulb either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Probably cheaper to buy an entire light from ikea, chop the ES lampholder off it and throw the shade away :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes - I'd been told this before. But surely I'm not the only ones who would like to change a pendant fitting from BC to ES?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If you wire the ES fitting correctly - line to centre contact - the metal base on an ES would be just as safe to touch.

It's usually the plastic which breaks on an old BC holder. Really not sure if ES would last any longer?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News