£10 Sliding Mitre Saw

Crusty & rusty, the plastic trim around the saw slot was broken. No big dea l so far. One of the clamp holding screws was bent, trivial. The saw head w as seized in the down position, impossible to raise it. Got it down from 25 to 10 & tackled it with some ATF. Next day it freed up & I have a good saw for a tenner. Only real downside is man is this thing heavy. Will sharpen the TCT blade with a diamond disc later.
NT
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:39:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well Done, Is the brand recognisable?
Heavy is good, they can be a pain if they go wandering.
Brushes o/k?
Do you have a source for unknown types? I have a lot of mains equipment and I would be expecting a few brush failiures soon.
AB
On Monday, 10 June 2019 20:08:16 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

deal so far. One of the clamp holding screws was bent, trivial. The saw hea d was seized in the down position, impossible to raise it. Got it down from 25 to 10 & tackled it with some ATF. Next day it freed up & I have a good saw for a tenner. Only real downside is man is this thing heavy. Will sharp en the TCT blade with a diamond disc later.

no markings anywhere. It's very solidly made, and only semi-portable.

For brushes, the dimensions are generally all you need. Variacs prefer lami nated ones. Collect brushes from what you throw out & you'll often have som ething usable. I've also encountered some brushes where you only need bend something out the way to get many years more wear out of them.
NT
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 12:24:52 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I was hoping you'd say "I just pop the bits in an envelope and send em to xxxx"
:-)
Happy Mitreing!
AB
On Monday, 10 June 2019 20:35:25 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

sq wrote:

ig deal so far. One of the clamp holding screws was bent, trivial. The saw head was seized in the down position, impossible to raise it. Got it down f rom 25 to 10 & tackled it with some ATF. Next day it freed up & I have a go od saw for a tenner. Only real downside is man is this thing heavy. Will sh arpen the TCT blade with a diamond disc later.

aminated ones. Collect brushes from what you throw out & you'll often have something usable. I've also encountered some brushes where you only need be nd something out the way to get many years more wear out of them.

'Why pay' is more my motto. Used brushes are free.

thank you.
NT