£10 Sliding Mitre Saw

Well Done, Is the brand recognisable?

Heavy is good, they can be a pain if they go wandering.

Brushes o/k?

Do you have a source for unknown types? I have a lot of mains equipment and I would be expecting a few brush failiures soon.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

I was hoping you'd say "I just pop the bits in an envelope and send em to xxxx"

:-)

Happy Mitreing!

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Crusty & rusty, the plastic trim around the saw slot was broken. No big deal so far. One of the clamp holding screws was bent, trivial. The saw head was seized in the down position, impossible to raise it. Got it down from 25 to 10 & tackled it with some ATF. Next day it freed up & I have a good saw for a tenner. Only real downside is man is this thing heavy. Will sharpen the TCT blade with a diamond disc later.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

no markings anywhere. It's very solidly made, and only semi-portable.

For brushes, the dimensions are generally all you need. Variacs prefer laminated ones. Collect brushes from what you throw out & you'll often have something usable. I've also encountered some brushes where you only need bend something out the way to get many years more wear out of them.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

'Why pay' is more my motto. Used brushes are free.

thank you.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr