1-Wire mains detection

Do you know what a Class Y cap is?

NT

Reply to
NT

Yes. What's that got to do with my argument?

Reply to
Tim Watts

The MID400 looks the way to go for this project I think. I've also noticed the 8 channel 1-Wire IO chip as well, there are at least 4 mains powered devices I want to monitor.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

available, rather than "being used by something"? (it's the latter I'm interested in, and I thought the OP too...)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Bog standard opto-isolator with suitable current limit to let 10mA through the LED. Add a "reverse parallel" diode across the LED to cope with the AC. Already in a light tight package.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

A flow switch in line would tell you more about the state of your pump....

Reply to
Phil

I am the OP and am happy to make the assumption that if there is mains on the wire directly connected to a pump that the pump is running...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes, I got hung up on the "monitoring" side of it and missed the "detect the presence of mains" bit in the first paragraph :)

Reply to
Jules Richardson