Latest threads in Hand and Power Toolsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Traditional Cobbler's hammer...?
Howdy, I would like to know more about the use of the traditionally shaped Cobbler's hammer. They typically have a round head, and a drooped, flat area opposed to the round face. What is the function...

WANTED: On/off switch for B&D mitre saw
Looking for on/off trigger switch for a small B&D mitre saw. B&D doesn't have the part. Anyone know who stock older parts? E-Mail: Thanks

porter/cable 6" random orbit sander (7336sp)
I would love to fix my old 7336sp. I have purchased a new one because I need it to do my surfboard repair. At first I thought it was just the brushes. When I got the new one I did some part swaping...

"X" markings on old C.S. Osborne tools...?
Howdy, I use certain C.S. Osborne tools for leatherwork. Some of the older tools are marked with one, two, or three "Xs" as part of the stamped label. Jokes about "XXX" aside , might any of you know...

Which has the better cordless 18v. drill: Bosch or Hitachi
Just checked out the Panasonic web site. First thing that struck me were the prices! $510 for the top cordless drill model (15.6V Multi Drill & Driver with 1/2" Keyless Chuck). As you say, all nice...
38
38

oil on new pliers
Every time I buy a new pair of higher end pliers there is some type of oil between the moving parts, does anybody know what type of oil this is and where I can buy it? Thanks.
3
3

Briggs & Stratton Question.
Where is the modle# located on a Briggs & Stratton engine? I have an 8hp & a 12hp,I need to rebuild. Thanks, Nick
1
1

Emglo single Stage Wheeled Portable Electric Motor Air Compressor problem
My Emglo single Stage Wheeled Portable Electric Motor Air Compressor is giving me a problem. It runs and starts to build up pressure, then it seems to bog down and just stop compressing. The electric...
2
2

snowblower help
I have a Toro 521 snowthrower which I just had "tuned up". The obvious answer is to bring it back to fix it right. In the Boston area today we go 16" of snow. When I tried to start it it was hard to...
3
3

Air compressor help!!
Hello, I have 2 Craftsman compressors giving me the same problem. They are as follows: Model: 919.167240 - 15 gallons - 150PSi. Model: 919.165500 - 33 gallons - 135PSi. The motors/engines work but the...
6
6

Slightly OT--Threaded Metal Fasteners
I have the trunk my great grandfather brought from Germany to Maryland about 1880. I believe this trunk was in the family well before this date as it appears much older. The fasteners used were nails...
2
2

Bits for Makita 1501K 15mm Hammer Drill
Advice for a newbie please. How do I fit a bit into a Makita 1501K hammer drill? Its a keyless chuck, but the chuck only rotates a quarter turn max and doesn't close anywhere near enough to grab a...
3
3

Craftsman 315.17431 Router-need manual
Sears doesn't carry it anymore. Anyone know where to find a copy? ebay has plenty but you have to buy the router to get it!

Belt Sander tracking
I have an old B & D 24" Belt Sander that has become a problem. The belt keeps tracking off the sander. The sander had two adjustments. One is a lever that will reduce belt tension and makes it easy to...
1
1

Machinery's Handbook 26th Edition
I bought the 26th edition, hardcover Machinery's Handbook (Industrial Press), about one year ago, give or take a month or two. Never had a page turned in it, mint, bookstore condition, paid...