snowblower help

I have a Toro 521 snowthrower which I just had "tuned up". The obvious answer is to bring it back to fix it right. In the Boston area today we go

16" of snow. When I tried to start it it was hard to start at first but finally I got it started. It wasn't running like it should: it seem like it wasn't running with lots of power. When I started throwing snow, it would bog down and stall many times over and over. I think it might be a carboreator adjustment of some type, but I'm not sure. It used to (before the "tuneup") handle normal amounts of snow without stalling out. The engine seems to be idling at an high and low pace: it will rev slightly and "drop down" in intensity within seconds of each other. Can I adjust this to fix without having to lug it back to the repair shop?
Reply to
A & P D

I have to ask, did you adjust the choke from partially closed when starting to open as it was warming up prior to using it? Sounds like a classic case of the choke not being open enough when warm. It will rev up and down and once a load is put on it, especially with the heavy snow we had, it will die from too much fuel and not enough air.

Reply to
John

Reply to
J.D.

No I didn't. I will try that. Thanks John

Reply to
A & P D