Craftsman Bar oil stopped

Greets to humans, get lost to spammers.

I have a relatively new Craftsman 20" model Number 944.411460. The bar oil has ceased to flow when it is running. If I take the chain and bar off, and tip the saw, oil will flow very lightly.

I removed the cap from the bar oil reservoir, and drained the oil to look inside. Inside I could see what appears to be a spring, about 1" in length attached to something on the bottom of the reservoir, near the back of the bar bolts. The other end is attached to nothing.

I cannot see into the reservoir enough to see where the spring might attach. Every single piece in the user manual breakout is listed - except the spring! and internal reservoir makeup. The manual troubleshoot suggest A-add oil (duh!), B-clear the hole (duh!) C-call Sears who will tell me to take it an authorized dealer who will charge me the price of a new Husqvarna! I only have about 20 hours on this thing and prefer to fix it instead of rent it for the $10 an hour it's cost me buy(?). It was rated to last 125 hours!

With bar off, there is a small silver-like item with a small hole in it. The hole goes nowhere. I put a paper clip into it and the hole does nothing. I fired up the compressor and forced air in and around this silver-like object. Reloaded the oil and started the motor (with bar and guide off) and oil dripped from this silver-like object, but ever so slowly.

I took a picture of this area and uploaded to where you, my friendly, and I hope learned reader, can see what I'm talking about. It is at

help is appreciated, and I most sincerely apologize if you catch this post in a cross-post, but I see most Groups in this arena are spam-owned and operated so the need to find help amongst it by cross posting was necessary.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Bunion

I couldn't find anything on Sears Parts about your saw. Is this the whole model #? And or the correct #?

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. I found the manual! and it lists the saw a 2.8 cu.in./46cc 2-Cycle Model Number C944.411460 I had pulled the right number off the saw except the saw model number doesn't have the C in front.

I appreciate the help and sorry for not replying earlier. I will check back daily.

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Paul Bunion

Sorry Paul, I still couldn't get the parts site to recognize the number you gave me. They say the model # is located in the following places on their saws. I'm not implying that you don't know where to look for the number, but check this list to be sure we are talking about the right number.

# On Plate on Rear of Cylinder Shroud # On Right Hand Side of Casting Covering Carburetor # Left Hand Side of Tank and Cover Assembly # Bottom of Engine Air Shroud # Plate on Top of Fuel Tank # Plate on Underside of Air Filter Cover

Maybe if we can get the parts site to find the right list I can help you.

Paul Buni> Hi Mike,

Reply to
Mike

Can you please put a link for that Manuel I can’t find any thing for the same serial number

Reply to
Backwoods95