Sears Kohler 15.5 hp. at least 10 years old runs rough after it has been running a while. I have replaced the air filter, gas filter.

After cutting the grass for 20 minutes or so the mower will act like it is being starved for gas. On vary rare occasions there has been a backfire when I turned it off. I have used seafoam in the gas and cleaned the linkage, etc. sometimes it seems to help but other times, it has been no help. The last time I cut the grass it was very hot and it ran very rough. The gas tank was at least half full. Do you have any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Reply to
Michealj

It seems to have been a bad/old fuel line. Replaced and problems have disappeared.

Reply to
Anonymous