Bath Tub Insallation

We need to replace a bathtub in our current home ( we are not the first owners of this home). We discovered that the tub was installed running lengthwise with the joists. From what we can see it looks like there may be some cross 2x4's from joist to joist under it. Is this a problem? It is a standard tub, nothin fancy (but now has a rust hole), no granite or heavy weight on the walls, just fiberglass surround. We've not had an issue but we usually just utilize as a shower. We need to keep a tub for resale as this is the only main bath in the house.

Reply to
Floyd