Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help: Smelly Furnace
I have a gas furnace with a force air system, 12 years old. I get it clean regularly + change the air filter. Since may, everytime, it goes on, the warm air smell burnt dust. The contractor came and...

whistle in water line
I have just noticed that my main line whistles when water is run in the house. Didn't before. The sound seems to be coming from the plastic pipe inside the wall after it passes thru the main shut off....
9
9

MOving A Shower Head OVer HELP HELP
I am about to close up the walls in a shower and notice that the feed for the shower head is not centered in the shower. I am planning on pulling the makup off the wall and wonder if I am smarter to...
2
2

Water damage
I have a brand new home. The ice maker connection on the refrigerator had a small leak for about 6 days. This resulted in saturating the subfloor, some of the drywall about 10" up the wall, and...
2
2

Warning about Harden Faucets
This is just a message to alert anyone thinking about installing Harden or Harden-Fisher faucets in their home. These are very expensive faucets, and quite attractive, but, as I have discovered, of...
13
13

Re: Street Ell
- ll or Willie - - Nehmo - In plumbing jargon, a "street ell" ("ell" is short for elbow or "L" shaped, that is, a bend), or more generally, a street fitting, has a male end and a female end (in some...

sewer rooters
i`ve going to buy a new rooter , iits for 3 and 4 inch lines, i like the mytana, but a couple of guys that work with me like the spartan, whats your choice or do you like another brand, i`m not much...
2
2

Water Processor - what is that?
Hi All, I just purchased a house withe the "United Standard" Commercial water processor left from the previous owner. There is no manual or any other documentation to give me a clue of how this device...
2
2

Poor hot tap flow rate
I need some urgent advice! I live in a flat and have a new warm air system with a direct combination cylinder for the hot water. Cold water is mains fed - I think all this is correct but I am totally...
2
2

Microbore size
Hi all, Can some kind person please take a look at this picture and tell me what size microbore tubing this is ? is a recently built house in the UK, the main feed to the manifold is 22mm. I want to...
2
2

Potterton Suprima (Longish)
Potterton Suprima Today I noticed a lot of noise coming from the system and on investigation decided it was an air lock in the pump. At the to p of the boiler there is a Flow pipe with a drain valve...
4
4

Question about scale in line
I just recently had to replace the recirculating pump on my house. When I took off the old one, I noticed what I consider to be a significant amount of scale build-up in the housing. I was surprised...
1
1

Is it ok to turn off electric water heater at the panel for a month?
2
2

Financing for customers from contractors
Do any contractors (plumbing, hvac) in here have any recommendations on finding a company that will do financing for my customers? I remember receiving a call from one company a long time ago...
4
4

Toilet scratch/stain help
My husband snaked our toilet and in doing so, the snake or its housing scratched up and stained the toilet bowl in a few places. Anyone have any advice how to remove those scratches/stains. Please...
3
3