Water Heater

I have serviced hundreds of these tanks, I am a plumber by trade and one of my first jobs was to service water heaters for NB Power. I know my way around a water heater.

Reply to
Taurus

An secondly why would a person winterize a water heater and not the entire cottage? absolutly pointless to do so. He asked about the water heater, not the whole cottage.

Reply to
Taurus

Taurus,

Well, in my messages, this fell under "winterizing summer cottage." I think my points about the relief valve and rocking the water heater still stand, and stand they shall.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

First of all it a water heater, not the space shuttle. Secondly, I have serviced more of these than you guys have had hot meals, as I am a plumber, and did water heater service work for around 3 years. Your right how can I know anything? I quess I now see it pointless to have a plumbing newsgroup, People who write in with a problem, has everyone reply to them and tell them 50 different ways to do everything. I was not being iqnorant to mike or anyone, I just like how people jump on and critique the advise that this newsgroup is designed to give. I dont claim to know everything and never will, just giving advice based on years of expirence.

Reply to
Taurus

I have been a plumber for 30 years. So what? I don't claim authority based on experience even though I clearly can over you. I am claiming you are wrong because you are. Don't mess with T&P valves unless you want to replace them and for damn sure don't "shake" water heaters unless you completely disconnect them.

If you want to offer advice in a public forum be prepared for alternative thoughts. It's called Usenet, get used to it.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Where are you from Bob?

Reply to
Taurus

Careful Bob, Taurus is laying a trap!!!

Seriously Taurus, just take your lumps like a man. You had it coming, so just deal with it.

On a technical note, if you open a hot water faucet upstairs as the tank drains, why mess with the relief valve at all? It's just asking for trouble. And if you open the hot faucet upstairs, and then open the relief valve, won't water pour from the RV until it drains down to that level? And, come to think of it, at least half of the relief valves on water heaters are tapped into the side of the tank, and not the top, so there'd be a whole lot of water pour out.

So this is what you do...just take your lumps, write a message saying you got off on the wrong foot, and then ask for forgiveness.

And remember this about Bob W. He's very nice, and very smart, but he has a quick temper. You mess with him and he'll shred you. Believe me, he's done it to me, and I'm his friend!

Reply to
Mike Grooms

I'm from Mars and you're from Venus. But that don't mean we're gonna' be pickin' out curtains. :>)

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Ok....fine...Whatever.

Reply to
Taurus

Bob,

We must REALLY be bored...

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Hell, I'm just thankful to that nice lady Taurus for giving us all so much, er, entertainment.:>)

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley