Waste water question?

Hi, hopefully someone can answer a question for me.

I'd like to know if I can get rid of waste water from a washing machine, by plumbing into a rain runoff gully, ie rain water from the roof?

Is this OK environmentally speaking, & OK with the local County Council?

Many thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Headlam

No, you can't plumb greywater to dump outdoors. All waste water needs to dump into an approved sewer or septic system

Reply to
Blackbeard

I recently asked the question at a Plumbing hardware store, and they said that there was no reason why I couldn't, or every heard of a reason.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Headlam

The reason is that washing machines use nasty chemicals such as detergents and phosphates (amongst others) that should be sent to a sewage processing system so that they don't pollute the environment.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle