My next water heater

I have a 75 gal 140Kbtu water heater serving a 12-flat. It seems to be enough. When it comes time to replace it, would it be wise to use three

40 gal 34Kbtu units? They're a lot cheaper and they'll fit in the space.
Reply to
Joe

Joe, You're not even close. I used the free sizing software at Bradfordwhite.com to determine that you will need approx 100 gallons of storage and, even more important, 200,000 BTU input for a fast recovery. I'm surprised that your tenants are not complaining with the minimal heater that you have now.

Reply to
Bert Yothment

If you're heating water for four apartments, go ahead and place a separate water heater in each apartment and let your tenants pay to heat their water.

Personally, I think I would size up one of those on-demand systems and have the manufacturer size the thing for me. I've installed on-demand systems in restaurants that need 180-degree water (and lots of it) for their dishwashers. On-demand units are a great space-saver and they also save energy (saves ya money). The lady who owns the restaurant with the on-demand unit told me that her energy savings were significant enough to pay for the unit and the installation costs in less than three years.

Reply to
Blackbeard