how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

My well pump at the pressure tank is 45 psi. From one of my exterior facets I want to run a line to my garden located 300 feet away, to feed a trickle irrigation system consisting of 20 - 120' trickle tube lines which are each run off of a 1-1/2" header pipe. Each 120' line has its own turn off valve so that as many lines as need to be, can either be turned off or turned on at the same time. Each of the 120' lines water requirements is about .6 gallons per min. Currently I am trying to feed the entire system with 300 ' of garden hoses all of which are 1/2" . It seems to me like there is an awfully lot of drop in pressure at the outlets individual line outlets, and currently I am only able to feed 1 or 2 of the 120' lines at a time. I would like to have enough water and pressure to feed more of the lines at a time if possible Questions:

  1. will this work this way.
  2. Would it be better to feed the 1-1/2' header tube located 300 ' away with a larger diameter piping?
  3. Would it be advisable to add a booster pump to the line and / or if so what kind and how big?

Thank you in advance for your valued advise.

Denny

Reply to
Denny of PA