Help with survey!

I'm preparing a report on the licensing requirements of plumbers in each state. It seems as though, if the state has no requirements, then some jurisdictions within each state has its own requirements. Please answer these four questions.

  1. What state do you work in?
  2. Does your state require plumbers to be licensed?
  3. What code does your state use? (International, BOCA, Uniform Plumbing,etc)
  4. Does your state require passing a written exam or do you just give them money and they issue a license? Please feel free to post your answers until mid September as it will probably take that long to get a good sample. Thanks John
Reply to
travlinjohn
1.michigan

2.yes, Michigan has a journeyman and master levels.

  1. Michigan has it's own code that incorporates and/or modifies the International Code.

4.The Michigan Dept. of C>I'm preparing a report on the licensing requirements of plumbers in each

Reply to
iwillbe

Alberta, Canada

No, Licensed through municipalities.

National Plumbing Code Of Canada

Must provide a $25000 bond, roughly $600 in licensing fees, and copy of journeyman ticket.

Leon Bourassa BYRD Plumbing & Heating

Reply to
Leon Bourassa