AQUAPEX PIPING

Hello, plumber has turned in a bid to me for redoing the rough-in plumbing on an old commercial building of pier and beam style construction.

His bid calls for the use of "AQUAPEX" fresh water lines to be used. I am not familiar with this product. Is it of good quality? Will it last?

Reply to
LEN DIPPEL

I like it. I don't care for the other styles as much with the crimp ring. I have warmed up to them a little more now that they use copper rings instead of steel (which rot) . If you can do it have separate runs to each room so there are 0 fittings buried in walls ( no tee's).

Make sure he is going to trim out the fixtures properly!!

I see too many j*rk-off's pulling crap like running pex all the way to the toilet stop, never putting rigid pipe in at all It looks like hell out in the open if not clipped every 2 feet.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Reply to
Eric Miller

I like ky-tek too. I only use it for heat though. I like the way it does not expand like pex. (only like 1" per 100' per 100 degrees, as opposed to

1' for every 100') I can install aquapex faster because it snakes much easier. If you kink the pex it can be fixed. aquapex also has a longer track record. I have seen leaks with both products if you use compression fittings.

Reply to
Ned Flanders