Latest threads in Orchid Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chocolate Cosmos
Formerly called Bidens atrosanguinea and comparatively unknown, thi tender Mexican perennial is now a fashionable late summer highlight i warm borders, as much for its scent of vanilla and hot...

Orchid repotting
Hi, This is my first thread, and I need to warn you that I'm not at all green-fingered, but I'm trying! A year and a half ago I was given a purple orchid. I'm not even sure what type of orchid it is,...
1
1

Black Rot Fungus on Catts
I'm in South Florida (Zone 9-10) where we had more than useual night rainfall several weeks ago; very little sunshine and less than a gentle breeze for well over a 2-week period. All my Catts are...

Santa Barbara Orchid Estate International ORCHID FAIR July 13-15, 2012
Photos posted to: The opening day of the Santa Barbara Orchid Fair at the Santa Barbara Orchid Estate. Come early for a great selection of $7.50 plants! Orchid Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93111 (805)...

Orchid Society of Southern California Auction June 9th!
The Orchid Society of Southern California's Orchid Auction this year is shaping up to be quite an event. WHEN: OSSC's Annual Orchid Auction will be held on Saturday, June 9, 2012 starting at 2:00PM....

Flower stem not growing upwards?
So I've had my orchid for nearly a year and have noticed the ne flowering stem is growing horizontally. It's only about 3cm long at thi point and I don't have a clue what to do. Leave it and see what...

Anyone in South Florida hanging Catts in baskets (outdoors)?
I realize the support needed with mature plants, but just wondering who all is doing it and if you're happy (and are the plants happy) with them hanging on to wooden basket slats. Thanks... J

Looking for Onc. Misaki Twinkle Obry 'Only You'
If any one can help me locate this plant I would be most appreciative. I cannot find a vendor who carries it and it would have special meaning for me to find it. Thanks.

25 New Orchid Photos
Here is a collection of 25 orchid photos taken at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. welcome. Enjoy! http://home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/orchids/orchids.html
2
2

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's 41st Annual Show & Sale, "Orchid Heaven"
April 28th & 29th, 2012 Zilker Botanical Gardens Center 2220 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746 (512) 477-8672 Show & Plant Sale : 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday & 10:00am - 4:00pm Sunday. This year we...

Orchid assistance requested.
I just use medium Orchid Bark chips. Fine stuff or dirt holds too much moisture and can rot the roots. Your plant doesn't need any dirt ... just enough chips or bark to keep it upright in the pot....
3
3

How do I get Dendrobioum blooming?
Hello, we habe 2 dendrobium orchids that grow well, but do not bloom. I read that a dicrease in temperature of about 5 degree will get them blooming, but taht die not work. They are on a east side...
1
1

Success all my orchids are in rebud
One rebloomed and still got 4 flower heads I was so thrilled with that. And now 14 Orchids are showing growing shoots looks like flower buds. All the 10 orchids in bud mode are growing in my...

TV/Orchids
I saw just the last few seconds of a rerun of Law and Order: SVU in which the bad guy was caught by leaving a pollen trace on his victim. A single grain of pollen from C. gigas 'Fermin Lambeau'....

Are vanilla bean seeds viable?
According to the Wiki article on vanilla 'Vanilla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia' ( the pods are "killed" by heat treatment as the first stage of processing after harvesting.
1
1